This Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker has a unique design and is made of high quality. A bullet-shaped smoker is environment-friendly since it uses charcoal. The amazing thing about using a charcoal smoker is that it is very economical and saves you a lot of money. The construction of this cooker is solid, and the finish is beautiful, and you don’t want to miss it during your next barbecue party since it’s designed for outdoor cooking.
The Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker, Black
This smoker is designed for low and slow barbecue cooking with temperatures ranging between 225°-300°F. It comes with a steel barrel, porcelain-coated water and drip pans, 2 grills and a charcoal grate. It also has a small door which gives you access to the charcoal grate. The Weber Smokey Mountain cooker is simple and easy to use and is ideal for use by even those new to BBQ. The fact that the smoker has a porcelain-enamel coating makes it durable, which will give your money value. Moreover, the coating makes it rust resistant, which is one of the features you should look for when buying outdoor cooking equipment.
If you are looking to please your family and friends with perfectly prepared BBQ, then the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker is just what you need. The smoker is designed for ribs and can be effective for cooking a family-sized turkey. It has large-capacity porcelain-enameled water pan which will produce enough steam to keep your meat moist, and the moisture will be retained by the dome-shaped lid.
The most important feature that makes this smoker convenient for outdoor use is the fact that it has a highly durable porcelain-enamel coating on the unit which prevents rusting of the heavy-gauge steel. The smoker has two 18.5” cooking steel-plated grates with a total cooking area of 481 square inches. This is great if you are planning to use it for only your family or a few friends. The sealed design of the smoker allows you to shut it down so as to save on charcoal consumption.
- Made of porcelain-enameled steel
- Has a heat-resistant nylon handle
- 2 plated-steel cooking racks for smoking all kinds of meat
- Rust-resistant aluminum heat shield
- Has a premium grill cover
- Offers a 481 sq. in. total cooking area
- Power source is charcoal which is economical
- Includes water pan, built-in thermometer, individual vents on bowl and lid
- Side-mounted thermometer
- Has a domed lid to retain the aroma and steam
- It has a superior airflow design which enables the cooker to hold the temperatures even and constant; this makes your cooking more fun while economizing the fuel
- It has multiple vents which allow you to compensate for the wind
- It comes in a sealed design which lets you shut down the smoker so as to conserve the charcoal for reuse
- The porcelain-enamel coating makes the smoker more durable and long lasting. Moreover, it makes it rust resistant which is a perfect feature for outdoor equipment
- The built-in lid thermometer, silicon temperature grommet, and the 4 aluminum dampers work hand in hand to keep the internal temperatures of the smoker steady
- The large-capacity porcelain-enameled water pan is crafted to produce gentle steam which will keep your meat moist
- The smoker has 2 plated steel cooking grates which will allow you to smoke more than one item
- The dome-shaped lid will prevent steam from escaping
- The smoker comes with a large charcoal chamber which ensures that you won’t have to keep opening the door to add more charcoal.
The front-access door is a little flimsy; thus, you should be careful when handling it or risk bending out of shape.
Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Verdict
The Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker offers a significantly more stable temperature for smoking your meat. A perfect BBQ requires consistent heat over a long period of time, and you can be sure that this smoker will go for hours without a fuss. In addition, this smoker allows you to maintain low temperatures without worrying that the temperatures might spike. Using a digital thermometer will also help to ensure your slow-cooking doesn’t turn into over-cooking.
If you are for cold cooking, then you can be sure that this cooker will not disappoint. While cold smoking fish or cheese, you can use the snake method with stacks of 2×2 charcoal, using wood on the upper part and filling the reservoir with ice. For aficionados of BBQ, this smoker is worth the investment. With the cooker, you can use optional accessories from which you can achieve good results when smoking meat.
This smoker comes with a built-in lid thermometer and silicon temperature grommet on the side which, alongside the 4 aluminum dampers, ensures that the temperature remains stable. In addition, the large-capacity porcelain-enameled water pan produces gentle steam which will keep your meat, fish, and poultry moist. The moist retention is also aided by the dome-shaped lid.
The large charcoal chamber ensures that you will not have to keep opening the door to add more charcoal; by frequently opening the door, you might end up losing precious smoke. It also features 2 plated steel cooking grates, which make it ideal for smoking more than one food item. The premium-grade cover makes it durable, which will give you value for your money. This smoker comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker has the ability to maintain temperatures for many hours, is easy to use and has the capability to produce great barbecue. Get one today and transform your BBQ to a fun experience with delicious results.
As always, if you or someone you know is interested in this Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Review or you find this information useful, please consider sharing it with your Grilling friends and on social media!
If you would like to leave a comment or have a review of your own to share on the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker, please do so below. We always welcome your input.