Thermopro wireless meat thermometers range in size, power, and features. The TP20 offers some of the best features found in Thermopro gear while staying at an affordable price. Sold by i-Tronics, and including great customer service, the TP20 Thermopro wireless meat thermometer gives you the thermometer you need with the customer service you will appreciate if you need it.
Having the perfectly cooked meat means having a great thermometer to monitor your cooking. A wireless thermometer is a great investment for any griller or cook because of your ability to move to other tasks without having to be directly next to the grill to monitor the temperature. Whether you are grilling, baking, or smoking food, a wireless thermometer is an asset, to say the least. Thermopro offers their TP20 as a great midrange thermometer, with features for the experienced and newbie cook.
Thermopro Wireless Meat Thermometer Product Quick Facts
Product Name: Thermopro TP20 Thermometer
Made By: i-Tronics
Top 3 Features:
- USDA approved temperatures for different meat (nine in total)
- Receiver belt clip and counter top stand
- Accuracy to ±1.8˚F.
Thermopro has a well-regarded line in its Thermopro wireless meat thermometers. With the TP20, you get a high-end thermometer with a nice wireless range. Able to be used up to 300 feet away from the transmitter (with your food); the Thermopro TP20 gives you the distance you need to work on other dishes while your meat cooks. Being able to keep your hands free, you don’t have to think about moving the receiver along with you as you go, just keep cooking and moving as normal with the receiver attached to your belt.
How To Use The Thermopro Tp20 Thermometer
Thermopro made their thermometer super simple to use and easy to set up. The simplicity of use is one of the best reasons to buy the Thermopro TP20. Simply take the thermometer out of the box, insert the batteries, and you’re ready to go.
The TP20 comes with two temperature probes, one is made specifically for food, and the other can be used either for food or for reading your oven/grill’s temperature. Insert the food probe into the food you would like to monitor, then place the grill probe against the grate to follow its temperature as well. The transmitter, which is attached to the probes, and the receiver are pre-matched wirelessly. Once you place the batteries in the devices, you don’t have to pair or match them, they will already be ready to go. No messing with Bluetooth or wifi is necessary, just open, insert batteries and roll.
Go through the nine options for USDA approved temperatures if you are cooking meat. This will set an alarm for your receiver to go off once the probe has reached that temperature. You can set your own temperatures manually as well, by simply pressing the probe selection and the up and down buttons. You can set your receiver to alarm you if the temperature goes over or under certain temperatures, ranging from 32˚F to 572˚F. If you would rather monitor your food in Celsius, simply press the button saying F/C to swap over. If you go out of the transmitter’s range of 300 feet, your receiver will sound an alarm to warn you.
Description And Features
This model of Thermopro wireless meat thermometer is stock full of features for your grilling needs.
- Out of the box, you have a rubber sleeve case to protect your thermometer from any accidental drops.
- The transmitter comes with a wire to either hook over an oven door, or use as a stand. Being able to easily read the screen is very helpful, so don’t overlook that detail.
- A belt clip is attached to the receiver, allowing you to keep it nearby you, hands-free. It also has a pull-out stand, so you can watch it while you work.
- There are nine pre programmed temperatures that are USDA approved for different types of meat (Ground Beef, Ground Poultry, Beef, Veal, Chicken, Pork, Poultry, Lamb, and Fish). This will sound an alarm on the receiver if your food’s temperature goes outside the set range.
- There are also five extra temperatures pre-programmed for doneness (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well, and Well Done).
- You can manually set your own temperature settings as well, allowing for the more experienced griller to hit their personal favorite temps.
- Programmed to show either Celsius or Fahrenheit. Easily change between the two of them with the push of a button.
- A lost link alert goes off if you move too far from the transmitter.
- All timer and temperature settings are saved, even when you turn the unit off.
Who Should Buy The Thermopro TP20 thermometer?
If you have never grilled with a thermometer before, you don’t know what you’re missing. Any griller knows the importance of temperature when grilling. The temperature of you grill should be altered depending on how you are cooking and what you are cooking. The more accurate you can be with the grill’s temperature, the better your food will come out. Of course, monitoring the food’s temperature makes an enormous difference as well. Nobody wants undercooked chicken, and nobody wants a dry, overcooked steak. Taking into consideration the safety factors of undercooked meat, and using a meat thermometer is a no brainer. So if you are a griller, and you like making the best food possible and keeping your loved ones safe, the Thermopro TP20 is for you.
Any potential customer that isn’t especially tech savvy should consider a TP20 Thermopro meat thermometer as well. With its easy to use, straight out of the box readiness, anyone can utilize the TP20’s features.
Who Should Not Get It
If you are an experienced cook and are looking for a thermometer with a range below freezing, the TP20 might not be the thermometer for you. The TP20 only ranges to a minimum of 32˚F. This lack of range might be a problem for you if you have cold food temperature needs. It is much more of a thermometer for grilling, baking, and smoking.
If you want to monitor multiple foods at the same time, the TP20 may not give you the best offer either. The second probe on this Thermopro wireless meat thermometer is primarily to monitor the grill temperature. While you can use it for food as well, the flat and blunt shape of it makes it less effective as a thermometer with two (or more) sharp probes. One option to remedy this is to purchase a second sharp meat probe as a back up for the times you are cooking multiple foods. This will add to the overall price though.
- Simple to use
- Large LCD displays both food and oven temps
- LCD backlit for use in low light condition
- Great pre-programmed temperatures
- The temperature range is limited to above freezing temperatures
- Second probe isn’t as effective for monitoring the meat
Price And Warranties
The Thermopro TP20 ranges from $56.99 to $99.99
Thermopro shows its appreciation for customers by offering an awesome warranty. They are willing to replace any probe, free of charge if it starts to falter on its temperature accuracy. That is a great addition to an already good product and seriously, I have not seen this type of coverage for any other thermometer probes out there. This coverage is worth the price alone if you ask me.
The Thermopro TP20 thermometer is a great overall thermometer for a busy griller. The belt clip and stand attached to the receiver give it a little something extra over some other wireless thermometers, and its accuracy and options are top quality. The second probe lacking a point is a bit of a downer, but I use it for monitoring the grill temperature anyway, so it doesn’t make much difference. Overall, it is a good buy and a company that will help you with any problems you have, which in itself makes it a worthy purchase.
I hope this Thermopro Wireless Meat Thermometer TP20 review was helpful for you. As always, if you or someone you know is interested in grilling thermometers or you find this information useful, please consider sharing it with your Grilling friends and on social media!
If you would like to leave a comment or have a review of your own to share on the Thermopro TP20 Thermometer, please do so below. We always welcome your input.
The Thermopro TP20
Appearance and Style10.0 /10
- Lifetime Sensor Probe Warranty
- No synching required
- Back-lit LCD for use in low light condition
- Preset temperatures for 9 types of meat
- Probe wires are rated for 716°F
- Temperature range is limited to above freezing temperatures